The Markdown is a lightweight markup language for creating formatted text using a plain-text editor.
John Gruber and Aaron Swartz created Markdown in 2004 as a markup language that is appealing to human readers in its source code form.
Markdown is widely used in blogging, instant messaging, online forums, collaborative software, documentation pages, and readme files.
Basics of Markdown
Markdown filename extension should be .md or .markdown, we recommend you to use .md because of convenience.
And Markdown internet media type is text/markdown.
Advantages of Using Markdown
There are many advantages of using Markdown some of them are:
- Markdown is easy to read and write
- Markdown has Multi-platform support
- Markdown writers and publishing is easy
- Markdown reduces distractions
- It is intentionally simple
- Markdown can be converted into into HTML
How to Use
Read following instructions to know how to use Markdown files.
- First create a Markdown file using a text editor or a dedicated Markdown application.
- The file extension should be in .md or .markdown.
- Then try to open the Markdown file in a Markdown application.
That's it, if you want it to convert into HTML follow this steps:
- Use the Markdown application to convert the Markdown file to an HTML document.
- And than view the HTML file in a web browser
You can also convert Markdown file into pdf.
We use basic editor for educational purpose if you want more features than you can use GitHub Pages, Dillinger, Boostnote, Obsidian and many more Markdown editor are available
### The Markdown Editor
The basic Markdown editor.